5 Best practices to achieve data security in cloud computing
In the digital age, all business sectors recognize the advantages that cloud computing can bring. Some are just beginning their journey towards cloud computing, while others are implementing sophisticated hybrid and multi-cloud strategies. Although cloud computing has numerous benefits, it also has significant security threats.
Concerns of data security in cloud computing
- Misconfiguration: When an unauthorized party gets access to sensitive data, like customer information or financial data, it could be caused by insecure authentication and access control or encryption methods that are not secure.
- Insecure APIs: Application Programming Interfaces allow users to tailor the cloud-based experience. However, insecure APIs may enable hackers to access sensitive information or perform unauthorized actions against the cloud infrastructure.
- Shared vulnerabilities : Cloud infrastructure is usually a shared storage network, virtualization, or network resources between many users; vulnerability in one’s application or data may impact the security of other users.
- Hijacking : Account Hijacking is one of the most critical security threats of Cloud Computing. If a hacker hacks an Account of the user or an Organization, he can carry out unauthorized activities.
To deal with these security concerns companies must implement solid security measures. In this blog, we will look in detail at ways to achieve data security in cloud computing.
Solutions for security issues in cloud computing
1. Data encryption
Encryption in cloud computing is an easy but efficient method of preventing confidential cloud information and ensures all your data is secured at rest and during transit to safeguard it from possible breaches.
2. Multi-factor authentication
This step ensures data security in cloud computing by asking users for more information when logging in rather than just a password. The user needs to submit a code sent to his email to access the service.
3. Choose the best cloud service providers
Choosing a reputable cloud service provider is essential to achieving data security in cloud computing. Ensure that the cloud service provider you select is an expert in implementing robust security measures and compliance with industry standards.
4. Ensure backup
If you are storing data in the cloud, backing it up is essential. By backing up your data, you will reduce downtime in case of any problems with your data stored in the primary location.
5. Regular audit
Regular security audits are a great way to detect security holes within the cloud-based computing platform. Conducting periodic security audits will ensure that your cloud computing system is secure and up-to-date with the most current security procedures.
Cloud computing services from Infospica
As one of the top cloud service providers, we mainly focus on data privacy in cloud computing. Before deploying a particular resource to the cloud, we must analyze several aspects, such as its sensitivity to risk, consider the cloud type, analyze the service models, and understand the storage capacity to ensure business data is secure, whether in or out the cloud. Contact us to learn more about our cloud computing services.